BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Carrie Bradshaw Inspired Look Using Coastal Scents 78 Palette

I recently watched Sex and the City 2 for the third or fourth time.....and although it's not my favorite  in the series, the ladies never fail to have amazing outfits, hair, and makeup!!! I was particularly struck by the scene where Carrie dolls herself up to go and meet Aidan for dinner...her eye makeup is very sultry - it's kind of smoky eyes meets Arabic eyes. It's a very dramatic, yet sophisticated look. I decided to recreate it using inexpensive products. I actually tracked down the eyeliner Carrie buys when she's at the souq in Abu Dhabi - it's Blue Heaven Kajal Black Eyeliner and its manufactured in India. I ordered a package of 6 for $7 (including S&H) off eBay!  I am very impressed with it - it glides on smoothly and is super pigmented.  It has excellent staying power when applied to the waterline, but be warned it is pretty smudgey!






FACE
Revlon Colorstay Foundation
Coastal Scents Camo Quad in Medium
NARS Laguna Bronzer
Coastal Scents 78 Palette
MAC Fix+

EYES
MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
Coastal Scents 78 Palette
MAC Reflects Gold Glitter
Blue Heaven Kajal Black Eyeliner
L'oreal Voluminous Mascara
Revlon False Lashes

LIPS
NYX Round Lipstick in Thalia
MAC Lipglass in Big Kiss

2 comments:

Karissa said...

I remember that exact look from the movie! She looked fantastic! I can't believe that you actually found the eyeliner that she bought!

Sharah said...

I know.....I might be slightly obssessed!